Tuition and Fees
For information concerning current Tuition and Fees schedule for Connecticut Residents, Out-of-State Students, Fall, Spring, Summer and Winter Sessions courses, consult the Norwalk Community College (NCC) Business Office website at https://norwalk.edu/business/
Note: All tuition and fees are subject to change without notice.
Reserve Fall and Spring Classes
Students may secure their classes by just paying the registration/deposit fee only (college service fee and Student activity fee). This deposit will hold your classes until the tuition due date for the semester, but is not refundable if you drop/withdraw from your classes. For complete information and deadlines, contact the Business Office, room E103 or visit our website at https://norwalk.edu/business/
Tuition Payment Plan
For Fall and Spring semesters Students who enroll for 3 credits or more may request a tuition payment plan. Please visit the Business Office in room E103 for complete information.
For Summer and Winter Sessions and Non-credit Courses No payment plan is available. Full payment is due the same day of registration.
How do I make a payment online?
Follow these steps to make a payment:
- Go to http://my.commnet.edu
- Click on Log in
- Enter your Student/Banner ID number and Password
- Click on Banner Student Self Service
- Click on Billing/Payments
- Click on My Account/Payment Information. A small tab will open under
- Click on Student Account and Payment center
- It will direct you to another page. Click on Student Account and Payment center again. It will take a few seconds to direct you to another website.
- Check your balance. It will show you the due payment. Pay accordingly
- Click on the green button "Make Payment"
- Follow instructions and complete the payment.
- Review information and click "Submit Payment"
You can pay On-line with e-check, American Express, MasterCard, Visa, Discover or you can mail payment (check*or money order) to Norwalk, Community College 188 Richards Ave. Norwalk, CT 06854 Business Office East Campus, Room 103. *$25.00 fee will be charge for returned checks
Students who have an unpaid balance due to the College will have a hold* placed on their account until the financial obligation is paid in full or the matter is resolved. The student will not be allowed to review grades, register for future semesters, or receive an official transcript while this hold is in place.
*Holds are remove within 24 hours.
If a student drops/withdraws, registrations/deposit fees are non-refundable. (College service, student activity, transportation fee and application fees). To receive a refund the student should submit a completed Tuition Refund form to the Records Office.
General Procedures for Refunds
A registered student wishing to drop/withdraw may either process withdrawals online through their student account prior to midnight of the first day of the semester/session or submit a written request to the Records Office. The effective date of drop/withdrawal is the date the withdrawal request is received, either online or by Records Office. For shorter parts of the term, the refund is pro-rated according to the number of weeks of the term. Check with the Records Office for more information and deadlines.
Refund Process for Fall and Spring Term Credit Courses
- For Notice of drop/Withdrawal received prior to the first day of the semester, a refund of 100% of tuition (including material, supplemental and clinical fees) will be granted. Registration/deposit fees are not refunded.
- For Notice of Withdrawal received on the first day of term and through the 14th calendar day of that full semester, a refund of 50% of tuition (including material, supplemental and clinical fee) will be granted. For shorter parts of the term, the refund is pro-rated according to the number of weeks in the part of the term. Registration/deposit fees are not refunded.
- No refunds will be granted for either full-time or part-time students beyond the 14th calendar day after the first day of the semester or according to the pro-rated term.
Refund Process for Winter and Summer Sessions and Non-credits Courses
- For notice of drop/withdrawal received prior to the first day of summer or winter session, a 100% tuition refund will be granted. Registration/deposit fees are not refunded.
- No refunds will be granted as of the first day of the session for which you have registered.
Refund Policy Appeal Process
Although tuition charges and refund policies reflect consideration of student and institutional needs, it is not possible to anticipate the variety of mitigating circumstances that may develop. Per Board of Regents for Higher Education Policy, these circumstances may include severe illness documented by a doctor's certification, erroneous advisement by the College, and military transfer. Exceptions which should not normally be considered include change in job, normal illness, and poor decision or change of mind by a student. An appeals process exists for students who feel individual circumstances warrant exceptions to the refund policy. An appeal may be made in writing, stating the reason for withdrawal and the circumstances that warrant an exception to the refund policy. Documentation supporting the reason for the appeal is required. This appeal should be sent to the Registrar. The appeal must be made within 45 days of the date of withdrawal.
Waiver of Tuition for Senior Citizens applies for Fall and Spring Only
Connecticut Senior Citizens aged 62 and older pay no tuition and fees, with the exception of material, supplemental and clinical fees, for courses on a space available basis to be determined by Senior Registration Day (check date/time online or at Business Office). Proof of age must be shown and a Waiver of Tuition and Fees form completed in the Business Office to finalize the senior registration process. A senior citizen may register early by paying for the course; however, paying for the course negates the senior waiver for that course. No refund will be issued if the course is dropped, then re-added on senior registration day. The waiver, however, cannot be applied towards Summer or Winter Sessions, or non-credit courses.
Waiver of Fees for Full-Time Employees and Dependents
On June 16, 1990, the existing Board of Regents of Community Colleges waived the payment of the application fee, the matriculation fee and all general fees for courses offered through the General Fund in authorized unions, for full-time employees of the College and their spouses and dependent children. For more information, contact your union representative or Human Resources. For Summer and Winter you must register a day before session begins on a space available basis. You may register early by paying for the course; however, paying for the course negates the waiver for that course. No refund will be issued if the course is dropped, then re-added a day before session begins.
Waiver of Connecticut War Veterans and Connecticut National Guard Members for Fall and Spring Only
Under Connecticut state statutes, tuition at Connecticut public colleges and universities may be waived for:
- Eligible veterans.
- Active members of the Connecticut Army and Air National Guard.
- Any Connecticut resident who is a dependent child or a surviving spouse of a member of the Armed Forces killed in action on or after September 11, 2011 who was a Connecticut resident.
- State residents who are dependent children of a person whom the Armed Forces has declared to be either missing in action or a prisoner of war while serving in the Armed Forces after January 1, 1960.
Veterans pay fees only (no tuition). Veterans must present Form DD-214 and complete a Tuition Waiver Form in the Records Office prior to registration. National Guard Members must have their certification submitted to the NCC Business Office before registering for classes. Connecticut veterans who have applied for the post-9/11 CH33 GI Bill and have submitted a Certificate of Eligibility to the NCC Records Office (room E102) will pay their course fees and have their tuition reimbursed for eligible fees when NCC receives payment from the Federal Government. Non-resident CH33 veterans will pay tuition and fees and will be reimbursed when NCC receives payment from the Federal Government. The 12 Connecticut Community Colleges waive tuition for full or part-time credit study funded through the state's General Fund. The waiver, however, cannot be applied towards Summer or Winter Sessions, or non-credit courses.
Please see veteran's counselor in the Records Office for eligibility requirements.
Audit a Course
Full tuition and fees are charged for courses audited. A student who wishes to change from credit to audit status must request it, using forms available in the Records Office within the first four weeks of the beginning of the course (29% of the total class meeting time). Students auditing a course may not change to credit status.
Accident and Health Insurance Programs for Students
All enrolled students attending a Connecticut regional community college are automatically covered under the School Time Only Accident Insurance Plan. Students requiring health insurance coverage may obtain their own policy at Access Health CT https://www.accesshealthct.com/AHCT/LandingPageCTHIX