* These courses must be passed with a minimum grade of C.
** These courses must be passed with a minimum grade of B.
1 Students must take two courses/six credits, either Appreciation, History, or Studio, from two different Fine Arts disciplines, including but not limited to Art, Music or Theater. Consult your advisor as to which courses in the Fine Arts are transferable. Only one of the two courses can be a studio course. One course must be IDS 210 Humanities: The Creative Voice .
2 Either PHL 101 Introduction to Philosophy , PHL 111 Ethics , PHL 112 Medical Ethics , or PHL 151 World Religions
3 The foreign language requirement may be satisfied by any of the following:
- three years of successful high school study in a single foreign language
- three years of successful high school study of two foreign languages with an overall "B" average
- two semesters of successful college study in a single foreign language
- successful completion of a foreign language proficiency exam
4 Students who have met the foreign language requirement under the provisions of note 3 will use the equivalent credits here.
5 One credit will be awarded upon successfully passing the Praxis I exam.
6 This course will be available through cross registration for full-time students or through special permission for part-time students at WestConn.
7 This course may be taken at either NCC or WestConn through cross registration. At WestConn it is called HPX 215 Health Issues in the Schools. Students must select the course that will meet the
requirements of the CT State University to which they intend to transfer. These courses are:
- CCSU - Educational Technology
- ECSU - Current Issues in Health Education or Personal Health
- SCSU - Introduction to Special Education
- WCSU - Health Issues in the Schools